
Have I really been here for two weeks? I know Mom and Dad can't believe it because they keep talking about how much time flies by these days.
Dad and I just realized that it has been a few days since my last update, so we'll get right to it.
It has been another busy week for me. My Grampop and Mamie came down for a visit on Tuesday. Mom and Dad had an errand to run so I stayed home and kept Grampop and Mamie entertained. I'm hoping to go visit them at the seashore in a couple weeks.
On Wednesday, my Aunt Kathy and Uncle Allan drove down to see me. Aunt Kathy is Dad's sister and she can remember him when he was little like me! That's a hard concept for me to wrap my head around. They also brought their dog Sophie so Charlie didn't feel like she was left out.
Take a look at the picture... on the left is Aunt Kathy with my Dad around 40 years ago and on the right she's holding me in my nursery!
Yesterday was my two week checkup at the doctor's office. She says my jaundice is almost completely gone and my color and development are good. I've grown .25" since I left the hospital, so I'm right where I should be in terms of growth. I've also put on about four ounces since last week and the doctor called me "petite". I like her.
Other than that I got a clean bill of health but they still stuck me in the heel. Again. Not only did it hurt like heck but I was sound asleep at the time. Talk about a rude awakening!
Tonight is my two week birthday and Sunday is Father's Day. Dad gave Mom and me a whole list of movies he wants on DVD. Now I know why Uncle Allan wore a bag over his head to buy music for Dad when he was in college. Mario Bava? Sergio Leone? Who are these people?!
7 comments:
Ryan! That is so sweet of you to dig that picture out of the photo album to post up there! That's MY Mommy and she had a GREAT time meeting you. She said you were "perfect". I can't wait till I get to meet you! Love you! xoxo
Hey Ryan - Sorry it took me so long to log in and say HI. I have enjoyed the pictures and updates. I am jelous though, I wouldn't know the first thing about creating a BLOG and you had one since you were just a few days old!! We (Aunt Mary, Ian, Michele and I) can't wait to meet you.
Your Dad can certainly teach you the finer points of horror flicks. Ask him about BSF and Sardu sometime.
Uncle Dennis
Hi Ryan,
Happy 2 Week Birthday! I really like your new pictures with my Mom. She was stylin' in her yellow suit and hat next to her Ford Falcon!
You have had a great couple of days! Have a great weekend, and don't go overboard on Father's Day. I mean, jeez...it comes once a year and you were only on the scene for 2/52nds of the year. Poor Mom. She missed out and has to wait like 49 weeks for a present. Although, I bet both Mom and Dad got the best present they could ask for on 6/1/2007!
Love,
Leigh Anne
Thanks for the comments everybody! I now have my very own e-mail account so I don't have to wait for Dad to sift through all his eBay mail and important discussions about ZOMBIE LAKE.
I can't wait to meet everybody and I'm glad to get good advice from cousin Lehigh. Mom and I asked Dad for a "couple ideas" for Father's Day and we got an itemized printout with not just what DVDs he wanted but what *versions* of those DVDs!
Uncle Dennis... what's a Sardu? I'm going to have to ask Dad about that!
Aunt Kathy, Dad and the car were all pretty cool, Beege. Check out those overalls! Remind Dad of these some day when he's questioning your fashion sense.
Ryan,
Tell your Dad that if he decides to sit on the hood on one of his nephew's Fords in his overalls, tell him to sit on the purple Escort wagon and not the Cobra. Those rivets scratch.
Love,
Lehigh
Ryan - I hope you and Daddy are having fun on your first Father's Day together! I'm thinking games in the back yard and a BBQ. It was such a nice visit with you and your family on Wednesday. Uncle Allan and I talked about you all the way back to New Jersey! Have a good third week. Sophie says "hi" to Charlie. We love you.
Post a Comment