Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Milestone After Milestone


Who knew being a baby was going to be so exhausting?! Sorry for the lack of posts since last week but it has been hard to find any downtime to get on the computer.

Since my last post I've experienced a few milestones...

On Friday night – my one week birthday – we all sat down and watched my first horror movie. Dad was very excited about this but I'm a little confused. There seemed to be a lot of laughing going on during ZOMBIE LAKE. Maybe it was my first comedy, too. I'm not sure. But I do know this – if a German soldier and a French resistance fighter have a love child in the 1940s, there's no way she can be 11 in the 1970s.

That's Dad and me posing in front of the DVD menu for the movie after it was over. Dad has strange ideas about what "milestone" means.

Saturday morning I got all decked out in my "coming home" outfit again so I could entertain Granny Shar and Joan. They drove down from New Jersey to see me and hang out – I'm so lucky to have family and friends come visit me. I feel so loved! Mom and Dad put out lots of snacks – they keep telling me I'll be able to eat solid food before I know it. I sure hope so!

The fun just never stops here in Maryland. On Sunday morning we all got up early and took a trip into Baltimore, the big city. This was my first visit to the place where they shot HOMICIDE: LIFE ON THE STREETS and I got to hear real live police sirens, but we didn't see Belzer. After walking around the market we bought some plants and flowers. We got home and I think I saw Dad for a few minutes – he went outside to dig up bushes and plants.

Yesterday, Mom's friend Lisa came over and visited for a while. Lisa took care of Charlie while I was being born and she decked out the house with balloons before I came home. I really like everybody I've met.


Over the weekend my belly button crust fell off – Dad seemed overly excited by this milestone – so Mom said it was okay for me to get my first bath. Aunt Kathy gave me a cool thermometer shaped like a crab so we know how warm the water is. Some kids don't like baths and water but I didn't mind at all. I was more alarmed by Mom's cold hands than anything! I didn't cry at all... Mom and Dad said they both love the water so I probably will, too.


There I am, all clean and pretty after my first bath. After that Dad put my swing together. Talk about fancy! Six speeds. Five sounds. Two directions, two positions and a mobile! I rocked in that for awhile... I like motion.

Time to go. Grampop and Mamie are coming down to visit today... I love visitors!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryan! Thanks for the updated blog! Woweee! You've had a very busy weekend! Looks like you're having fun with Mom and Dad!
So, congrats on seeing your first "horror" movie...and believe me there are plenty more where that came from. You'll have to check out some of my favs..."Island Claw", "Robot Monster", "The Undertaker and His Pals" and of course "Uncle Sam". Your Dad (my Funcle) introduced me to all of these classics! He pretty much rocks! :) xoxo

Nancy Taylor said...

Dear Ryan,
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain". I will introduce you to the joys of the romantic comedy.
Love,
Aunt Nancy

Auntie Peyton said...

Dear Ryan,

I'm with your Aunt Nancy... stay away from the Horror flicks - and go for the romantic comedy! We can start with the classic "It Happened One Night" and move our way through the Hepburn / Tracy years and right into the Meg Ryan / Sandra Bullock decade. Oh, it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

And of course animation is da-bomb! Just wait til yu see Shrek for the first time... Or Finding Nemo. Or Monsters, Inc... or 101 Dalmations, Snow white, the Lion KIng, Alladin... Oh my gosh, I am such a sucker for these movies! I have a whole collection, you'll have to bring your Mom and come visit! (Your Dad can come too, he just has to understand, no horror movies at the Compund!)

Anyway... Auntie P is checking on your every day... Make sure you take good care of your folks.
Love,
Auntie Peyton

LEHIGH ANNIE BLOG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LEHIGH ANNIE BLOG said...

Hi, Ryan!
Good to see that you've been busy and that it wasn't that you had writer's block! You sure did have an exciting couple of days for a little bean like you!

I do want you to take note, Cousin Brooke is referencing a movie entitled 'Island ClawS'...I've seen it several times, and decidedly, the movie is about crabsssssssss, plural. That is, until the end when the giant crab takes center stage while Charlie (not Big Hairy Sister Charlie, but actor Rick O'Barry. Or Ric O'Feldman as you may better know him, depending upon your favorite period of his work).

Hope you continue to have fun and enjoy your visit from Aunt Kathy and Uncle Allan!

Love,
Lehigh Annie