Today is my first Father's Day with my Dad! After he got up this morning he had five cards to open and Mom and I told him what DVDs we got him for his big day. Gee, I've only been here 17 days and he gets all this? No wonder Mom figures she's in for a week of treats when Mother's Day rolls around.
After Dad opened his cards we all piled in the car and took him out for lunch. We were going to go to a place called Miss Shirley's but everybody else had the same idea and people were waiting outside. It's hot here today so we decided to go there one day this week when it's not so busy and we won't have to wait outside.
We drove back towards home and had lunch at the Towson Diner. Mom had Eggs Benedict while Dad had a Turkey Club sandwich with onion rings on the side. I knew they wanted to relax and enjoy their meal so I was, as Mom said later, "a perfect angel" and didn't fuss or cry once. Charlie was feeling left out so Mom and Dad gave her a Frosty Paw when we got home from lunch.
Dad's really taking this Father's Day thing seriously. He told Mom he plans to watch some horror movies and the US Open and he's going to make turkey burgers, corn and baked beans for dinner.
Mom took that picture of Dad and me yesterday morning. I was helping him send e-mails to customers. Dad says that Taylors love getting mail and if I want to get mail I have to send mail. Or start my own magazine. Or fill out a request for 200 travel brochures.
If anybody wants to e-mail me I now have my own address! You can reach me at ryanftaylor@comcast.net. I already got a note from the son of a deposed prince who wants me to help him get millions of dollars out of his country.
3 comments:
Your 17 days old, you have your own BLOG site and an emial address!! If you get an IPOD before me I'll really be ticked.
Hi Ryan!
Wow...that sounds like a great weekend and a nice initiation to the 'go out to eat' thing. I bet you'll really dig it when you can have a turkey club or Eggs Benedict, too!
I heard yesterday that you are spending 4th of July week on LBI. That's great! I hope you have great weather for your first trip to the beach!
I wouldn't help that prince. Sounds shady to me. Keep your money in your lil' piggy bank!
Love,
Lehigh
Ryan, I printed out all your blog entries from birth to Father's Day and took them up to Mom Mom today. When we left she was settling into her comfy chair getting ready to read everything you have written. She loves seeing your pictures and can't wait to see you in person! What's new with you? It sounds like your first Father's Day was lots of fun! I'm sure it was one of your daddy's best days ever. Hugs and kisses to everyone from me.
Love, Love, Love ~
Aunt Kathy
Post a Comment