Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Hanging with Lehigh Annie and Frank


Dad had been telling me for weeks about my cousin Leigh Anne and how she is one of his best friends. He even said they were roommates at one point, but I had a tough time wrapping my head around that concept.

Turns out that Leigh Anne – or Lehigh as Dad calls her – is only a few years younger than Dad, so that makes a little more sense. I'm still not sure how cousin Frank, Dad's "nephew", is older than him but I've got plenty of time to figure that one out.

I finally got to meet Lehigh and Frank last week when they came down for a visit. They were in Baltimore to see REO Speedwagon – I mean ZZ Top, sorry, I'm little, I get the two confused – and they stayed with us for a few days. The picture at the top is Lehigh and me hanging out on our back patio.


The next morning before we went to the crab house Frank was telling me all about "ZZ" and how he would take me to see them when I'm a little bit older. He's Frank...

2 comments:

JT said...

Those are two beautiful girls! Ryan, when Lehigh was born, I was just a little older than your cousin Jack. I smiled when I held her just like he does when holding you. She makes me smile just as much today.

Oh, one other thing: you're not the first in the family to think Frank is silly.

Love you, baby doll. See you Saturday!

LEHIGH ANNIE BLOG said...

My my my, Ryan, you've been out and about and on the go since two weeks ago when I visited! And to think that as I type you're in Kentucky...you need Johnny Cash's "I've Been Everywhere" playing in the background of your 'blog!

It was great to meet you and we had a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy all of your travels and that I get to see you again soon.

Charlie is here with us and she's having a good time! I think she's a little bummed that Astro's under the weather...when he got home from getting his teeth cleaned (and a few pulled) at the vet, she squeaked and squeaked and squeaked anything she could find with a squeaker right in his face to get his attention. It was funny. I think Astro will feel better by Friday or Saturday.

Love you!
Lehigh