Thursday, August 30, 2007

Sad Week But Good News, Too


I'm sad. Can't you tell? That's my sad face.

After three months of being home with Daddy and me, Mommy had to go back to work this week. We had so much fun that I wish she could be home with us every day.

Especially since Daddy makes me work. I've been home with him for three days and he's already taken me to a client meeting, the printer to drop off a job, the post office (though I kinda liked the post office), and to a client's office to drop something off.

If this keeps up I'm going to demand an immediate raise!

Even though I'm sad, it makes me so happy to see Mommy every night. And now my Mommy is an award-winning baker! She took home a 2nd Place ribbon for the chocolate cake she entered in the Maryland State Fair. She also got another special award but we don't know exactly what that is yet.

I think Mommy's amazing. She even made more treats to enter in the fair this week! Dad says that if she doesn't win something for her Cheddar Jalapeno Corn Muffins the contest is rigged.

That's Mommy and me as she gets ready for her first day back to work. Want to know something funny? Mommy looks so nice and even I have a nice outfit on. Daddy could learn a thing or two about dressing for the office. You should see what he wears!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryan...I love all of these blogs that you've been writing! You've been on a roll! Your little fingers must hurt from typing so much! :)
Love, Brooke xoxo

Anonymous said...

Thanks Brooke! What's amazing is that I sleep 11 hours or more a day and still find time to get all this done. Right now I'm helping Dad post stuff on eBay. A baby's work is never done. Love you! Hope the weather in Florida is nice. Oh, wait, Dad says the weather in Florida is always nice!

LEHIGH ANNIE BLOG said...

Hi Ryan!
That's a really nice picture of you and your Mommy! She looks so pretty! I am sure it was hard to say 'bye' on Monday morning but she'll be home before you now it each day! I am loving that you have your blog back up-to-date!
Love,
Lehigh

Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan!
I love the pic of you and your mom - but believe me, as much as you miss her, she misses you even more! I can't believe how much you've grown. We saw you just a little over 4 weeks ago and it's amazing! Make sure your dad is paying you overtime whenever necessary....at least time and a half (double on holidays!) Tell Charlie 'hi' for us!
Love you!
Aunt Deb

Dennis said...

Hi Ryan,
So glad you got your pictures and stories of the road updated. I can't believe how big your getting. We can't wait to get down to see you. Some weekend later this month or in October we'll drive down to see you, tell Mom and Dad to check their schedules.

Mom must be a really good cook to win a prize. I bet you can't wait to try some of her award winning choclate cake.

Have a great first Labor Day (although from the sounds of it Dad makes you labor every day).

Love You,
Uncle Dennis