Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Pickles. Who Knew?

Our day off yesterday was so much fun! As you already saw we went to the doctor's for my checkup and just to clarify, I did get three shots but it wasn't a big deal. I cried for a couple seconds but that was about it. I'm tough.

After I had my morning nap we all got in the car and drove down to Hampden. It was beautiful out! We went to lunch at a place called The Dogwood Deli which seemed a lot like a restaurant and not much like a deli at all.

That's me enjoying a dill pickle. And I mean enjoying a dill pickle. Mommy says I must like salt like her because I couldn't get enough. Daddy said it was like watching me work over a saltsicle. Daddy says that kind of stuff. All I know is it was way better than the Cheerios or crackers or baby food or even the table edge.

Sorry the picture isn't better but Daddy turned the flash off so we wouldn't bother the people eating at the next table.

See how much I'm enjoying the day? That's me clapping up a storm after sampling some of the burger and chicken sandwich that Mommy and Daddy shared.

After lunch we walked around Hampden a bit. The last time I was here it was freezing cold and everybody had their Christmas lights up. This was a lot nicer and I'm such a big girl that Mommy and Daddy carried me around while we walked through the stores and looked at stuff at an auction house.

Then we drove to the Inner Harbor and took a loooooong walk to see the water and all the cool stores and shops. I was very, um, energetic during lunch but – as you can see – I was pretty konked out during the walk while Mommy and Daddy refueled with a Starbucks. I don't know how much it helped since they both talked about taking naps when we got home.

What a fun day and it was so nice to take a long walk outside. I can't wait till the weather is nicer and we can go outside all the time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryan! Great job with all of the new posts! Your fingers must be so tired! You are getting so big!!! LOVE YOU!!!
Love, Brookie xoxo

Anonymous said...

I can't wait til they give you lemons/limes to suck on just for the cute reaction!

Anonymous said...

Auntie Peyton... you're so funny! I really liked the pickles. I don't want to grow up and be a picky eater like Daddy.