
Yesterday was a rainy day here in Baltimore and we realized we hadn't updated the blog in a couple weeks. I think Daddy is too tired from chasing me around all day to post a whole lot. He sees a lot of the above... me motoring about the house!

But that crawling from one end of the house to the other can be exhausting. Here I am collapsing in my play-yard after an end-to-end crawl.

As you can see from recent posts I started standing about two weeks ago. Imagine Daddy's surprise when he looked up from the laptop and saw that I'd pulled myself up in my play-yard. Those carefree days when I'd struggle to pull myself up are far behind us... I can pull myself up on my crib, the coffee table, the couch, a chair or ottoman, Mommy, Daddy, even Charlie, though she doesn't seem to enjoy it as much as I'd hoped. Don't I look pleased with myself?
My latest trick is moving around the room using the furniture. I've gotten pretty good at shuffling along the edges and I can even pivot from, say, the coffee table to the couch and back. I'm still a little nervous about standing on my own but I do get a big kick out of it when Mommy or Daddy holds me up in the middle of the room. Walking, here I come!

I also enjoy the challenge of grabbing remotes, magazines, paperwork and other things Mommy and Daddy leave on the coffee table, couch or counter. Check out my intense focus moments before Daddy moved the items from my reach. (But not until
after he took the picture. How mean.)

As you can see from the photo above I've also discovered the joy of cookies. My diet has certainly become more well-rounded in recent weeks. That strained, pureed stuff is pretty much gone and I've started eating hot dogs, chicken, real fruit, mac & cheese, string cheese, sliced turkey and a whole lot more.

Did I mention that I love cookies? As Mommy would say, "What's not to love?"

He doesn't eat many sweets these days (except for Peanut Butter M&Ms) but Daddy says he used to love cookies and candy. He showed me this picture and told me that in it he's the same age that I am now, but I can't believe he was ever this little.
2 comments:
Ryan!
Can you believe how much you look like your Dad? Those last two pics are so funny! :) Looks like you are getting around really well! I love you!
Love, Brooke xoxo
Ryan - I love your smile! You are growing up so fast. Hugs & Kisses from Uncle Allan and me. Love, Aunt Kathy
Post a Comment