Monday, December 8, 2008

Ryan 1, Tree 0

The more I hear and see about this whole "Christmas" the more I like it. Yesterday we got all bundled up to brave the elements (32 degrees, 20 MPH winds) and go get a Christmas tree. Mommy sold me on this idea by telling me we were going to bring "outside inside". I'm all for this but when I brought "outside inside" last week Daddy didn't seem too pleased as I dropped handfuls of mulch and dirt throughout the house.

I think the temperature and wind made the selection of a tree a pretty easy process. Nobody wanted to stand around the Fairgrounds parking lot debating one tree over the other. We found a few we liked, Mommy and Daddy talked about it for a minute and the next thing I knew we were strapping it to the roof of the car.

"Strapping" is probably the wrong word since the wind took the tree and tried to throw it from the roof as soon as we pulled out onto York Road. Daddy pulled into a parking lot and proceeded to give me an up close and personal view of our tree when he put it in the passenger seat next to me.

After I took a nice long nap (I am such a good girl!) I woke up to find a decorated tree complete with lights, ornaments... and my play-yard around it. Must be to keep Charlie away.

And what's Christmas without a broken ornament? Apparently, Mommy and Daddy think I'm a lot shorter than I really am and I put their Ryan-proofing skills to the test. They lost.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That must have been a loooong nap Ryan. At our house it can take 2 days to decorate the tree.

I hear your on Santa's VERY GOOD list this year!!
Love Uncle Dennis

LEHIGH ANNIE BLOG said...

Ryan-You are getting bigger every time I see you! I think you got a very nice tree! It's funny; I was thinking today about your tree and was going to e-mail your Mommy or Daddy to ask you where you placed it in the house. Now I know! It looks really nice all decorated from your head ...up! I hope you have a great Christmas season!

Love,
Cousin Lehigh

Anonymous said...

Hi Uncle Dennis... yes, it actually was a pretty long nap. But since M&D only had to decorate the top 2/3 of the tree it wasn't too tough on them.

Hey Lehigh... Guess which ornament is front and center on the tree? The one you gave me! It's really cool and it's prominently displayed near my other favorite... the US Postal Service ornament!

Hope to see you guys over the holidays... Love, Ryan