Monday, January 26, 2009

Bring on the All You Can Eat Buffet!

As I mentioned in a recent post, everybody in our house (except Charlie) was sick over the course of about 10 days. Mommy had it really bad and even missed a day of work, something she never does. I got the award for Quickest to Bounce Back, experiencing one really bad day and then right back into my usual good humor. As for Daddy, well, all the Lysol, Purell and hand-washing couldn't help him steer clear of what he called "the hot zone" and he ended up in bed for a couple days, too.

These days we're all back to normal. Mamie and Grandpop stopped by on their way to Florida and watched me while Daddy worked but I didn't get any pictures. I think we were too busy enjoying 'Abby in Wonderland'. Mamie and Grandpop were both amazed at how much I was talking, even more than I was at Christmas.

My vocabulary is getting a lot bigger and Daddy's having trouble keeping up with all the things I'm saying. Some of the additions since last time include: hunny (hungry), bear, pillow, juice, shoes, socks, belly, clock, sounds, book, bunny, sun, baby (one of my favorite words), Elmo, Abby, Count (as in The Count from Sesame Street), cookie, lunch, dinner, bottle, milk, banana, apple, cheese, 'side (outside), mail, 'puter (computer)... the list goes on.

As you can see from the photo up top I'm also learning to eat with a fork and spoon. The word I learned last night was "pasta" and I like it! I'm getting really good at eating GoGurt, applesauce, beans & carrots, and chicken, too.

No comments: