Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Uncle Meat


The weather was so nice this weekend that Mom and Dad's good friends Billy, Christine, Ariss and Peter came up to visit us and have a cookout. They even brought their dog Brinkley with them so Charlie wouldn't feel left out. That's Aunt Christine holding me.

Dad says that a "cookout" usually means hamburgers, hot dogs and corn, but you'd never know that from Uncle Billy and Aunt Christine. They brought a whole cooler of food to make, including filets wrapped in bacon which Uncle Billy and Peter told me is "good." The way everybody was raving about them I think everybody thinks bacon is good!


I wish I could eat solid food, especially after Uncle Billy brought the fillets in for me to look at before he put them on the grill. Dad says that picture looks sinister, like Uncle Billy's going to put me on the platter!

Mom got me all decked out in one of my outfits and we all sat outside while Dad and Peter played Wiffle Ball and the dogs ran around the yard. Peter even brought me my own baseball glove so Dad and I can have a catch some day. Now all we have to do is get a glove for Dad!

4 comments:

JT said...

Ryan, I don't think those fine folks would steer you wrong. Bacon? Good. Steak? Good. And best of all, having a catch with your Dad. Pop-Pop's not here to play anymore, but catches with him are some of the best times of my life. We need to get your Dad a glove! Love you, Beege. Aunt Nancy sends a big kiss. Uncle John

LEHIGH ANNIE BLOG said...

Hi Ryan!
Those filets look deelish! You'll be enjoying one in no time, I'm sure. I really like your pretty little outfit in these pictures. And your bunny. That bunny looks very fluffy and soft! Hope everything's great in your world...I'm off to join you in the Land of Nod! Looks like you spend a good amount of time there!

Love,
Cousin Lehigh

LEHIGH ANNIE BLOG said...

Hi Ryan,
I'm tired of seeing Uncle Meat. When's your next update? Love you!
Lehigh

Anonymous said...

Cousin Lehigh... I just posted a quick picture so you don't have to look at Uncle Billy every day. It's busy being me -- who knew a five week old could have such a full agenda? More pix to come!