Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My First Big Road Trip: The Long Drive Home


As you can tell from the picture I was sad that we had to leave Oklahoma, Uncle John and Aunt Nancy. The visit was too short and I can tell how much Dad misses seeing Uncle John. Dad promised me that when I get older I can go with him for Final Four Weekend one year and I can experience the joy of winning money from Farmer Mark.

After breakfast and a chance for Uncle John to show me off at his office we were back on the road. I have to admit, I'm a pretty good traveler. I fell asleep as soon as the car got going and only woke up when it was time to eat and fill the car with gas.

Dad's original plan was to break up the trip home over three days but I think Mom and Dad really wanted to sleep in their own bed so we drove from Oklahoma to Mount Vernon, IL where we stayed in the coldest hotel room ever created. Even Dad said it was too much!

On Tuesday morning we got up early, had breakfast and hit the road again – 13 hours later we were back home.

I really enjoyed my first road trip and getting to meet my great grandparents, Uncle John and Aunt Nancy. Mom and Dad said that I'm "the best baby ever" because I was so good on the trip. I can't wait till I'm a little older and can ask Mom and Dad about all the neat stuff I see while we're driving!

No comments: