Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Birthday Trip to the Zoo

After spending Saturday celebrating and taking a much needed rest on Sunday we were back at it for more birthday fun on Monday! Mommy and Daddy took me down to the National Zoo in DC where we got to see tons of animals including the new baby gorilla!

Here's Daddy, George and me out for a stroll on one of the zoo's many pretty paths.

We caught this glimpse of the giant panda eating his lunch. We watched KUNG-FU PANDA on Sunday but that doesn't look like noodles to me.

Here's Mommy and me posing with the panda still eating in the background.

If you couldn't already tell, my buddy George is my constant companion. Thanks Lehigh!

Here's the zoo's orangutans making their way from one part of the park to another on their transit system. What a cool way to get around!

We got to see elephants, zebras, monkeys, prairie dogs and much more but I don't think anything was impressive as this lion who stalked and ROARED at us!

Sitting on the bear statue striking one of my patented "Oh NO!" poses...

I was much better behaved posing with Mommy. And George.

I can still muster up the cute after a long, fun-filled day! Who knew more fun was waiting for me at home...?!

1 comment:

LEHIGH ANNIE BLOG said...

Wow, the D.C. Zoo looks like a great place! I love the picture of you and Daddy (and George) strolling through the zoo! You are a doll!