Thursday, July 19, 2007

Little Surfer Girl


Dad said that since we're getting ready for my third trip to LBI this month I had better take a break from my growth spurt and finish up my thoughts on my first trip. Big words from a guy who takes his sweet, old time putting out his zine!

Grampop and Mamie invited us up to LBI so I could get my first taste of the beach – not literally, though I think that will come next year. We dropped Charlie off at a new doggie hotel Dad found on the internet and got to LBI just in time for lunch.


Dad had been up all night working on a project for a client and Grampop was busy painting when we got there. I think that's why they both look so tired in this photo. Not much "babysitting" going on if you ask me, more like "babysleeping".


I was very excited about making the trip because I got to meet my first cousin! My cousin Jack lives at the shore all the time – he's lucky. Between his busy schedule of swim team, sailing and riding the waves he held me and kept a close eye on me. He even helped Grampop watch me one day when Dad, Mom and Mamie went out shopping.


Here's another picture of Jack and me. He has the magic touch... he could hold me and I'd go right to sleep. Mom and Dad told Jack they hope he remembers how much he wanted to be around me ten years from now when he's 20 and I'm 10!


Tuesday night we all got dressed up and went to dinner at a place called Stefano's. I don't think I've seen Dad that excited since I was born! Here's Mom, Dad and me posing for pictures before we left. I had been crying a bit because I realized we were going to Dad's favorite restaurant and all I was going to get was a bottle of formula. But I calmed down long enough so we could get a nice picture. Dad said he likes this picture so much it might replace his picture of Stefano's that he keeps in his wallet.


Here we are waiting in the lobby for our table. I think Dad would have taken a photo of us in the kitchen if Steve, the owner, would have let him.


Mamie took this photo of us on the way back to the car. Dad carries me good but he says he needs to get back to the gym because I'm getting heavy. I keep telling him he's getting old, too, but he doesn't seem to understand me. Not yet anyway.


The next day was the Fourth of July and I was proudly wearing my Baby's First Fourth bib that my Aunt Maureen sent to me. Dad's hoping to get me a Baby's First Televised NFL Game bib for the new football season.


The weather wasn't great on the Fourth but it cleared up enough for Mom, Dad and I to go for a walk down to the bay. Car, stroller, swing, bouncy chair... as you can see motion puts me to sleep. Later on everybody to go up on the roof and watch the fireworks. When I say "everybody" that means Mom, Dad, Grampop, Mamie, Jack, Robin and Bill. Not me. That's okay, I slept well – after listening to Charlie bark at thunderstorms a few fireworks are nothing.

The next day we had to leave, pick up Charlie and go back to Baltimore. I was sad, Mom was sad, Dad was sad. Dad was more sad when Mom and I left him a few days later because our air conditioner was broken and we went back to LBI.


Check out me in my cool bikini that cousin Leigh Anne gave me! (I get to meet her in a couple days... Dad has told me lots about her and cousin Frank... I can't wait!) If I'm not a future Little Surfer Girl I don't know who is!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryan -- Glad you found some time to update your blog. The life of a baby can be so hectic! It sounds like you are having one great adventure after another! You will like cousin Leigh Anne and cousin Frank! Hope you all have a good visit! Can't wait to come down to see you again -- soon I hope.

Hugs & Kisses,
Aunt Kathy

JT said...

Honey, that little bikini is HOT!

Uncle John and I are so excited that you are coming to visit. We hope that you like BBQ. Hot, regular, or smoky sauce? Just kidding. Uncle John has presents for you that he picked out himself. Counting the days!

Love,
Aunt Nancy from Oklahoma

Anonymous said...

Ryan...
You are just too cute for words in all of these new pics! I'm so jealous that Leigh Anne is getting to meet you this weekend! When's it my turn!? Love you!
Love, Brooke xoxo